Bangkok

Haven't blogged in months and I really do miss pouring out my emotions here.

Rebecca and I got the chance to travel together (with our moms) to BKK – the shopping haven. Going to Bangkok was a pact my mom and I made. I shan't share my academic goals here lest some people think that I'm trying to brag / make judgements, but anyways I fulfilled them. (I worked really hard, y'know), so off we flew to Bangkok.

November 11th, Saturday

We woke up at 4am and caught the 7am flight to Bangkok. Right after we landed, we headed to our hotel (Centre Point Pratunam) and went to eat at Kuang Heng Chicken Rice. Honestly I felt that the taste was o-k, but I was pleasantly surprised by the texture of the chicken because we ordered chicken breast (I usually HATE it because it's so dry) and I couldn't tell it was chicken breast because it was juicy and totally not dry at all. We went to shop at Platinum Fashion Mall next and I did get quite a few items. I totally got overpriced shorts ugh and they didn't even fit me properly sighhhs. I really really love shopping and like I imagined myself buying soOooo many items but the time we spent there was too short, sadly. 

We later headed to Som Tam Nua for dinner and damn it was so good. I love spicy food and it was hella spicy. The prices were also reasonable and the portion was pretty generous. 

Up next we took a taxi to the New Rot Fai market but it was not worth it. It didn't really have the feel of a classic night market and the only stuff I got were earrings because they were like 20B each. Also the taxi ride there took forever because of the jam (did I mention Bangkok = land of smiles  traffic jams?). We decided to take their version of the MRT (BTS skytrain) back. On the way we stopped at 7-11 to get soymilk and omg it was so good, why doesn't Singapore sell it :-(!!! The packet ones in Singapore are so sweet and powdery ughhh I actually love soymilk but like ... :(

We went to sleep and I dreamt of the Ratchadewi and Sukhumvhit station that we had trouble pronouncing when we were trying to figure out how to get back to the hotel HAAHHA. I dreamt that we weren't allowed entry but we said we were missionary nuns and they suddenly respected us and let us in??!!! whot like Thailand isn't even catholic/christian and neither are we HAHAHA!!




November 12th, Sunday

We woke up earlier to go to the Pratunam Morning Market. I actually had a pretty good experience in there because I went there in 2015 and I got some good buys and food out of there, but we didn't wake up early enough so the wholesalers had already packed up by then :-(

Ate their wanton noodles and it was so good. I like that the taste is light but fragrant. Also I love love love their chilli flakes, its so spicy but so good!! I also really missed their pomegranate juice, it's so refreshing and nobody ever sells fresh pomegranate juice in Singapore. After that we also got some fried sesame green bean paste balls and sweet potato balls – I love green bean paste: Ang Ku Kueh, fried green bean is my guilty pleasure hehe. 

Headed to chatuchak next and I was actually so full of expectations, thinking I would get so many good buys out of it but we weren't that great at navigating the place and we ended up roaming the tea, candles, kitchen sections. Reb's mom was also not feeling well so we ended up not being able to shop too much. I didn't get a single clothing item there LOL life sux HAHA I was so excited :( anyways we bought pad thai and crab fried rice from a stall in chatuchak and the portion was super big and the food was damn nice too I actually am craving it right now at 11:11pm as I am typing this. 

Of course we couldn't leave Chatuchak without getting the famous coconut ice cream. I don't like it that much. I think it is good but its very light, like there isn't much coconut taste?? Is it just me or am I just being picky HAHA??


reb with her ice cream

We went back to swim because it was extremely hot and Reb & I kinda went nuts for abit, we were so high HAHAH and we have like a 10+ min slow motion video of us hair flipping wtballs lol


we also took some pictures back at the hotel

Went to platinum mall to shop again because I clearly couldn't accept that I didn't get a single apparel. I did get dresses and other stuff so yay!!

Reb found this place called the Commons and we tuktuk-ed there for dinner.
sunset view from the tuktuk

The particular restaurant is called Roast and I love the ambience of the place. It reminds me of the star in buona vista. The food was also really yummy and omg our coffee had milk ice cubes so cute!! We took lots of pictures because my food took extra long to come because they got my order wrong hhaha. I also sat on grass and got my white shorts dirty, which is actually what I always fear when I wear anything white. I honestly think I jinx myself like whenever I think that I am going to dirty my shirt it happens -___-

My mom got a salmon dish and it was rlly nice I loved the aioli even though I don't usually eat sauces and stuff. It was my first time hearing that a salmon can be cooked rare, medium, or well done, I thought it only applied to steak. Anyways so the salmon was like raw in the middle I loveeeed it.

When we went back, we went for a foot massage and it was my first time actually. I enjoyed it although it got ticklish sometimes and I would squirm around HAHAH and I just pretended to laugh at my running man show even though it was because it was so itchy. I actually liked it when the lady started cracking my body so shiOkkkk.

November 13th, Monday

Monday was slightly different: a break from shopping and walking around. We hired a driver (spoiler alert: he kinda sucked sorry.) We woke up at 7 and had a simple breakfast = the soy milk that we bought which was yummm + yoghurt we bought from the night before too. 

The reason for us waking up earlier was because we were going to the sunflower farm in Saraburi!!! My mom wanted to go there because we’ve never been to a sunflower farms and it also gave us a break from shopping. 

We set off at 7.45am? (I forgot lol sorry but it was pretty early). The ride was supossedly 2.5h but uHM our driver got lost and he refused to ask other people for directions... also it really was very hard to get to a sunflower farm because there wasn’t any specific address. Like when Reb & I planned for the trip there was absolutely nothing helpful besides the knowledge that there were farms and fields in Saraburi (and Khao Yai + Lopburi as well). 

Our driver was an absolute nightmare. We spent 4 fruitless hours in the car driving about. It was even more frustrating because we were already in the Saraburi province, so it had to be pretty near, but we didn’t see a single farm / field in sight. Our driver also kept making excuses like “the sunflowers aren’t in season” or “they’re not blooming right now”. Like save the excuses, you’re not going home until we find one lol. 

Saraburi

Anyway we finally drove past one field (note: not farm) of sunflowers and we were overjoyed LOL we were so excited. By then it was 11.30am and the sun was directly above us .... zzzz so pictures weren’t too nice + we couldn’t walk into the fields because there wasn’t really a way around into it. Nevertheless it gave us some hope and lifted our moods and we continued driving around for a bit. 

the first sunflower field we came across: notice how the sunflowers aren't facing us anymore

At first we decided to screw it and visit the waterfall nearby (surely the driver would know right?) but we were hungry and we drove into a restaurant to eat. The food was a m a z i n g. We had their fish and it was fried perfectly. I love how thais eat with so many spices. We had our fish with onions, ginger, lemon and lemongrass. The fish was also EXTREMELY huge. In addition, we ordered fried eggs and veggies with lemongrass thai red tea. (I’m pretty sure they mixed up our order because we asked for honey lemon, but I’m not complaining!) I actually loved the drink so much it blew my mind.

hugeass fish that I loved

After the meal we decided against the waterfall because we didn’t trust the driver to know his way around. Then a miracle happened: as we were driving back to the city, we drove past a sunflower field!!! like one we could walk into and take pictures. So... we went a little crazy. 

It was so annoying: only when we were heading back we drove past so many fields of sunflowers. We were still kinda disappointed that we couldn’t go to an actual farm and actually buy sunflower products though. 

Also, if our driver still doesn’t seem as bad as I made him out to be: when heading to our next destination, Wat Arun, he said he couldn’t drive us there because he had a booking tomorrow and had to return his car. I don’t think he knew where we were going next because we didn’t tell him (we booked him for one whole day, ~8-10h, so there wasn’t a need for that). I guess he didn’t want to drive us around anymore since he wasted so much petrol already and Wat Arun wasn’t that near our hotel. How ill mannered is that??!!! Honestly I haven’t had the best experience with Thai Drivers (the last time we went to Thailand our driver scammed us to pay a lot for the floating market entry wtf). So yup he dropped us off at a boat station and we had to buy tickets to get to Wat Arun via boat. We really should’ve paid him lesser than we did though uGhhhhhh. 

Wat Arun was nice but the sky was pretty cloudy so even though we visited the temple during the prime time of sunset, we didn’t catch much of it. Also we only stayed for around 30 minutes, so we didn’t really have too much time to spend in there since the last boat left at 6.30pm I believe. There were so many kittens there omggg :”)) I really wanted to play with them but I didn’t get to :-(



wat arun

Took the boat to Chinatown and had dinner there!!! The boat was for the locals which was cheaper and it was so much more crowded than the other one we took (which was for tourists). I had to pee damn badly and we went into a toilet at the Chinatown station and omg it was damn smelly and smelly toilets are really my pet peeve and fear + I was wearing a maxi dress which really made it worse. 

chinatown

We had fishball noodles and fried yam for dinner. I really wanted to eat at the stall we ate at the previous time we came though. 

Also we wanted to go to their night markets and walk around the area but almost everything is closed on mondays sadly. 

Took a taxi back with a very amusing taxi driver and ended the day.


November 14th, Tuesday
Last day!! It wasn't really packed with activities since we had our flight at 6pm and had to reach the airport by 4pm. We planned to go to a dog cafe and we found one at Siam Square (I believe). It's called House of Paws pet cafe and honestly it was really disappointing because the dogs there weren't friendly; like they ignored us and only played with the employees...??!!! so that was pretty bad imo and it was quite boring.

We went back to Platinum mall (for the 3rd time lmaoo) to spend our time there and then headed to the cafe near our hotel to have lunch, which was pretty pleasant. 

Then we just got a taxi and drove to the airport where I got my deo thrown away #sian.




Share:

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.